Before becoming a yoga teacher, I had a high powered and stressful job in finance where at times I was so busy multitasking I found anchoring my attention a daily struggle.
I had always loved working out in the gym and had assumed yoga wasn’t for me. I could barely touch my toes, I didn’t think I was spiritual enough and I was convinced it wouldn't give me a ‘real' workout.
After my first class, what brought me back to my yoga mat time and time again was the strength I found inside. The way yoga calmed and supported me in my journey through motherhood gave me the passion to help others find their inner and physical strength through yoga. It drove me to share yoga’s incredible benefits and help people switch off from distractions, calm the mind and connect to the present.
- Yoga London, 200hr Yoga Alliance Training in Ashtanga Vinyasa – (RYT-200)
- 42hr Pregnancy Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- 75hr Postnatal Mum & Baby Yoga Teacher Diploma, Yogagro and All woman
I was always interested in exercise and health at school, and so becoming a physiotherapist seemed the obvious career choice.
I qualified nine years ago and since then I have spent a huge amount of time researching the best exercise and health recommendations for my patients.
For me, the most consistent component of health is moderation and variety. In addition, it is key that health combines both mind and body. I find the link between mental and physical health fascinating and this has led me to study it further and incorporate it more into my clinical work.
I am qualified in pilates and was never particularly drawn to yoga. However, after meeting Hannah nearly three years ago and going to her classes, I realised that yoga actually perfectly encompassed the main components I feel are vital to health - strength, mobility, being aware of the present moment, calming the mind, and restoration.
Working with Hannah to build Strength Through Yoga has been personally beneficial to my life in helping me to achieve this healthy balance and to practice what I preach.
- Physiotherapy BSc (2011) King's College London
- Advanced Matwork Pilates APPI
- Ante and Postnatal Matwork Pilates (2014) APPI
- Pyschological Therapies in Pain (2019) University of Hertfordshire
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy: female urinary dysfunction (2019)
- Pelvic Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy (POGP)